Please read the following Terms and Conditions of Use statement carefully before using Safeway Insurance’s electronic payment services:
Safeway Insurance electronic payment services, hereon referred to as “EP Services”, refers to our services on safewayinsurance.com, mysafeway.com and mysafeway.com/M where you may electronically view billing notices and submit payments for your Safeway Insurance policy. Through these services you provide authorization to collect funds and apply payments to your insurance policies. Your payments are electronically withdrawn from your checking/money market or savings account, or charged to the financial card you designate to pay your bill. Safeway Insurance charges no additional fees to use these services.
Due to possible linguistic differences, advertising statements in Spanish may not necessarily reflect the content of the policy written in English. In the event of a dispute concerning policy terms, the policy written in English will apply.
Safeway Insurance is not responsible for any damages to your computer or mobile device hardware or software; injury to you as a result of power failure or power spike; or telephone or Internet service interruptions or expenses in relation to your use of our EP Services.
We sometimes provide access to other World Wide Websites from our sites or you may have reached our site from another site. However, we do not endorse or approve any products or information offered to you at sites you may reach from our sites or from which you may have reached our site.
EP Services may be unavailable at certain times when computer systems require maintenance or upgrades, when other unforeseen maintenance is necessary, or when certain major events occur, such as earthquakes, fires, floods, computer failures, interruptions in telephone services, or electrical outages. Safeway Insurance will make all reasonable efforts to ensure the availability of EP Services. However, Safeway Insurance shall in no way be liable for the unavailability of all or a portion of EP Services at any time. The unavailability of EP Services in no way releases you from any obligation to make timely payment of the bill or from accrual of penalties thereon.
You may be required to register with Safeway Insurance in order to access certain areas of EP Services. With respect to any such registration, we may refuse to grant you the user name you request. Your user name and password are for your personal use only. If you use EP Services, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
Safeway Insurance reserves the right to immediately terminate your use of any electronic services provided to you in whole, or in part.
- Payments made via EP services are subject to existing policy provisions. Nothing herein changes policy provisions. See your printed policy agreement for exact provisions, or contact your Safeway Insurance agent or a Safeway Insurance Customer Service Representative for assistance.
- You authorize us to initiate an electronic transfer of funds in accordance with your electronic payment instructions.
- Our designated service provider will deduct funds from your designated bank account or charge funds to your financial card. Payments made using our services will be deducted from/charged to your designated account for policy payment purposes.
- You are solely responsible for providing us with the valid and accurate information for the bank account or financial card indicated for each payment.
- You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to use any payment method utilized in connection with any transaction.
- We will acknowledge each electronic payment you initiate with an electronic Payment Confirmation. Your payment confirmation will include a unique electronic payment transaction number. This payment confirmation number is an acknowledgement your payment request has been received by us. Once your payment is acknowledged by our electronic Payment Confirmation, you should print and/or otherwise retain this for future reference.
- Issuance of our electronic Payment Confirmation does not constitute a waiver of any portion or provisions of the policy herein referred to or an admission by Safeway Insurance that there is any insurance in force. If such policy shall have terminated, issuance of the Payment Reference Number shall not itself constitute a reinstatement. Refer to your policy for information regarding terms of coverage and contact your Safeway Insurance agent or Safeway Insurance Customer Service Representative for assistance if you have any questions.
- All payments are subject to collection.
- Issuance of an electronic Payment Confirmation is not evidence of a successful transfer of funds; this number is merely your proof that you have submitted an online payment request. Being provided an electronic Payment Confirmation does not mean that your payment information was entered correctly, and does not mean that sufficient funds are available in your designated payment method.
- It is the duty and responsibility of the policyholder to confirm with his/her own bank or financial institution that the transfer of funds via EP Services was successful.
- For policy record purposes, payments remitted electronically will generally be credited to your policy or account the same day as the payment date of your remittance. Payments may be received and presented to your bank or financial institution in real time. Some payments may take numerous business days to be received and presented to your bank or financial institution for payment. Further processing of your payment is subject to existing policy provisions.
- Coverage will be determined in accordance with your policy provisions. Please see your policy for details. Contact your Safeway Insurance agent or Safeway Insurance Customer Service Representative for assistance if you have any questions regarding late payments.